Economic Development Incubator Manager
Eastern Shore Innovation Center
Salary commensurate with education/experience
This position is responsible for developing, implementing and managing the business incubator located within the Dorchester Regional Technology Park. In addition, this position is responsible for developing, implementing and managing the “innovation network” for Dorchester County. This position is responsible for providing community leadership regarding entrepreneurship and economic development innovations in our region.
Minimum Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate; and BA/BS degree in Business or related field.
Concentration in Business is preferred.
Note: Experience at an executive/management level within a business or government entity may be substituted for the required college degree.
Minimum Experience: 3+ years of full-time business incubation and related program experience. Commercial real estate or property management experience; experience with meeting tenants and customers; project management a plus
Strongly Desired Qualifications:
• Experience in working with start-ups
• Experience in being part of growing company management team with supervisory experience and being a team player
• Technical background with Masters/Bachelors in business 4 – 6 years’ experience
• Previous record of building strong networks with business and academic leaders
• Experience desired in personally owning and/or operating a commercial venture
• Highly proficient in Microsoft software
Certification: Project Management certification is preferred.
NOTE: Experience may be substituted for education year for year if experience is at management level.
Please submit a completed county application, letter of interest and resume to Human Resources, 501 Court Lane, Cambridge, Maryland 21613 by May 10, 2019 for best consideration. Open until filled.