Dorchester Community Partnership for Children
Local Care Team Coordinator
25 Hours a Week
Hourly Rate Commensurate with Experience
The person in this position, under the supervision of the Local Management Board Director, will provide permanent staff support to the Local Care Team to ensure youth with intensive needs receive comprehensive support services. This staff person will ensure a coordinated system for case referral to the Team to include tracking referrals and services, maintaining a comprehensive resource database, collecting and reporting data and ensuring follow up services. The Coordinator will be responsible for facilitating a coordinated approach to services and ensure parent involvement in Local Care Team meetings.
The individual must be able to:
• Coordinate referrals from child serving agencies
• Coordinate representation from agencies (required and those needed for specific issues)
• Schedule meetings, prepare agendas and keep minutes of the meetings
• Administer meetings
• Track referrals in required software systems
• Follow-up with families and agencies to ensure the action plan has been established.
• Conduct surveys of families, immediately after LCT and at intervals required by program funders and LMB Director.
• Refer or alert families to resources (public and private sector). This includes providing guidance in completing forms and applications and supporting basic needs including housing, food, benefits and other emergency services
• Review documents to ensure family understands; documents include but are not limited to: Individualized Education Programs (IEPs)/504 Plans, Mental Health Assessments and Court Orders
• Develop and present training modules to small and large groups
• Gain knowledge of resources available; share knowledge with various agencies on a system-wide level and individual family or child level; research other systems throughout the state and country; research availability of flexible funds for families.
• Support and encourage work to improve the efficiency and effectiveness
• Design, implement and oversee evaluation based on the Results Accountability model that meets funder needs and LMB needs.
Bachelor’s Degree in Education/Human Services. Master’s Degree is preferred. Experience in special education and/or case management is required.
Completed County application with resume must be forwarded to HR, 501 Court Lane, Cambridge, MD 21613 no later than January 25, 2018 for best consideration. Applications can be downloaded at www.docogonet.com