Emergency Medical Services Manager
Emergency Services Department
Full time with Benefits
This position is responsible for the day to day management of the EMS Department under the supervision of the ES Director. This position will develop and implement policies and procedures for EMS. This includes but is not limited to training, short and long term development plans.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or GED.
• 5 years of experience in an area of emergency services administration at a supervisory level
• 3 years of progressively increasing administrative responsibility
• 5 Years as an ALS provider with 3 years as practicing paramedic
• Cleared or the ability to be cleared by the Medical Director to actively practice as a paramedic in Region IV within 120 days of hire
Course study in EMS to include:
• Incident Command
• Hazardous Materials
• Infectious Disease Control
• EMS management
• Instruction Methodology
NOTE: Those who do not meet the above mentioned experience level may substitute accredited College or University course work in public administration, business administration, fire science, EMS management or related field for up to 2 years of the required experience.
Required Licenses and Certifications:
• National Registered Emergency Medical Technician – Paramedic with Maryland State Certification or the ability to obtain within 90 days of hire.
• Maryland Fire and Rescue Institute (MFRI) – Hazardous Materials Operations Certificate or equivalent.
• Valid Maryland Class C Driver’s License
NOTE: All required licenses and certificates must be acquired and maintained at the employee or applicant’s expense.
Completed County application with resume must be received no later than 2/19/2019 for best consideration. Application can be downloaded at www.dorchestercountymd.com