Maps & GIS Data
The Dorchester County government provides the data within these pages for your use AS IS. The data is not guaranteed to be accurate, correct, or complete. Information provided should not be used as a substitute for legal, business, tax, or other professional advice. The viewer should contact appropriate regulating agencies to determine accuracy or suitability of the data for a particular use. Dorchester County, its officials and its employees assume no liability whatsoever for any losses that might occur from the use, misuse, or inability to use this web site or the materials or information contained on it. The County, its officials and its employees also assume no liability for improper or incorrect use of information contained on this web site. All materials appearing on the web site are transmitted without warranty of any kind and are subject to the terms on this disclaimer. By accessing the county’s interactive web maps, you acknowledge and agree to the above disclaimer.
USER MANUAL: A comprehensive User’s Guide has been created for your reference. Click the following link to access the manual: User Manual.
Dorchester County Interactive Maps
Dorchester County GIS Viewer
Comprehensive web mapping application that contains multiple layers from various sources. Includes evacuation zones, critical area zones, floodplain zones, protected lands, zoning, and parcel boundaries.
Dorchester County Council District Map
Displays the Dorchester County Council Districts and their respective council members.
Displays the zoning for Dorchester County.
Critical Area Map
Displays the critical area zone coverage for Dorchester County. These coverage areas are delineated by the Critical Area Commission of the Department of Natural Resources for the state of Maryland.
Displays the Digital Flood Insurance Rate Maps (DFIRMs) for Dorchester County. These coverage areas are determine by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).
Survey Benchmarks Map
Displays survey benchmarks in Dorchester County. The data layers in this map include National Geodetic Survey benchmarks and County benchmarks.
Protected Lands Map
Displays protected lands in Dorchester County. The data layers in this map include federal, state, and privately protected land.
Dorchester County GIS Data Distribution
Dorchester County GIS data downloads are currently available through the Eastern Shore Regional GIS Cooperative of Salisbury University.
Dorchester County Map Distribution (Hard Copy and Digital Maps)
Cost includes labor and supplies
Size of Map Price
8.5″ x 11″ $5.00
11″ x 17″ $8.00
For purchasing information, please contact Rodney Banks at (410) 228-3234 or by e-mail.
Other GIS Resources
- Eastern Shore Regional GIS Cooperative (ESRGC): ESRGC Website
- Maryland iMAP: MD iMAP
- Maryland Dept. of Planning Property Maps: MD Property Maps Website
- Maryland Dept. of Natural Resources Data Download: MD DNR Maps Website
- Maryland State Highway Association GIS Data Downloads: MD SHA GIS Data
- Maryland State Geographic Information Committee (MSGIC): MD State Geographic Information Committee
- University of Maryland, College Park GIS Library: UMD GIS Data Library
- Towson University Center for GIS: Towson University Center for GIS
- U.S. GeoPlatform (Data from various federal agencies): US GeoPlatform
- National Weather Service GIS Data: NWS GIS Data
- USGS Earth Explorer: USGS GIS Data
- U.S. Census Bureau GIS downloads: US Census Bureau GIS Data
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency GIS data: US Environmental Protection Agency GIS
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife GIS downloads: US Fish and Wildlife GIS Data
- NASA Earth Observations: NASA GIS Data
- Open Street Map (Free geographic data for the world):Open Street Map GIS Data